Even though I probably made this nearing on a month ago now,
Ive been so crammed with job searching / interviews and more crafting to even sit down and write
So the very first thing I did was watch a bunch of youtube tutorials, one of which actually provided the templates for the M-77 Paladin which I evidently used!
However, i did alter the template slightly to be printable and had to mess about with sizing A LOT to get it all to fit properly.
The 3 layers of templates layered appropriately!
I then cut out 1 pair of each outer template in 3mm craft foam
and one pair of the middle /center template in gym flooring (quite thick!)
Then i used hot glue (please wear a face mask!) to glue the layers onto each other
I tried to dremel the ugly outer edge as it looked like the sandwiched foam it was, with no avail.
Instead, i cut out a long strip of 3mm craft foam and glued it over the top, dremelling the edges.
The next step was priming to oblivion! I suspect I used around 3 layers of wood glue for my own Paladin, any more and i think it would warp the edges !
After letting it dry completely (!) I spray painted the entire thing black
Not having any white spray paint I ended up painting the white by hand which took many many coats to become opaque… I recommend just spray painting it to avoid this, i have brush strokes i can see close up which i hate.
(I also glued some rivets onto it, dabbing a spot of white paint over the black to give a button like effect)
The details took a couple of hours !!! make sure you have an incredibly tiny paintbrush to do this or you’ll become so frustrated. Alternatively I could have gone through the process to spray them on but I just preferred hand painting.
I hope this helped !
I’ve got a number of projects I’m working on at the moment so I’m a little hesitant to blog about those until I’ve finished Tali.. however that might not be until June so I may have to !