Hello curious elves!
So the last week or so i’ve been working away on Morrigans necklace which I’m so proud of myself for. I feel I really accomplished something that I envisioned quite well for my skill level. So I decided to share how I went about it as after scouring the interwebs for tutorials myself, I couldn’t find any that suited my materials and abilities!
STEP 1: SCULPTING
– Sculpt pendants from air dry clay (If you have a hot dollar near you you can get 1kg for $4)
– I did this using wooden hand tools you can buy for like $8 at hot dollar.
BARS + PEARLS
– Sculpt bar shape + pearl shapes.
(Pearl shapes are just rolled up balls and use a sewing stilleto or thin item to poke in the bead hole)
– Place a few in plaster cast (ONLY DO THIS FOR THE BARS, THE CIRCLE ONES ARE EASIER TO MAKE JUST BY ROLLING IN HANDS)
– Once dry, use air dry clay and press into mould, and pull it out immediately. then use tools to cut down excess and smooth. (this was VERY tedious)
BARS AND PEARLS
STEP 4: Pattern , Mounting + Closure
– I drew up a neck facing pattern, (you can do this by using a neck facing pattern from a prevought pattern of a high necked top or dress )
– I cut out the pattern in vinyl leather and laid out the bars and pendants the way I wanted them to sit, and then super glued them. (If you used acrylic paints like I did, be wary of any peeling and make sure to glue any tears in the paint underneath back down to avoid losing any).
– I used eyelets for the closure, i had some lying about. If I could use snap closures I would.
And thats about all i did!
The pearl necklace is very straightforward , and I assume thats not the part people would be searching a tutorial for regarding morrigans necklace 😛
Good luck on your cosplaying endeavors fellow champs!